Saturday, February 22, 2014

From Nairobi

Day 1-As I sit in Nairobi and drink my coffee I have a lot of stuff to get set for my trip to Thika. 30 hours of travel will mess with your head-and though I have had little sleep, I feel refreshed. (my ADD is my secret weapon).


The trip here was flawless.  I feel content and useful, like when I am racing. I know that is a stretch, but, all racing would mean nothing if I was not here and ready to head to the Ameena project and see for myself what can be done to make a difference.  I will update as much as I can.

I wrote this to Rhonda yesterday on the plane-Hope it's cool babe that I am sharing!

More soon-

9-

Flying below Iceland at 630 mph I feel the sting of missing you.

Just finishing up the latest episode of Downton and pumping the "Oblivion" soundtrack in my ears does nothing to help.  Good thing its dark in the cabin- Downton brought tears--The good kind.

This feeling of empty is actually a good feeling.  Its what fills my empty the has ripples in our life.  I've learned over and over, and over.... it has to be Christ. Nothing else.
Running into David Crowder in Seattle was cool.  Only chatted for a moment and snapped a picture-I prayed for him.
.
Thus far it’s been an amazing trip.  I’ve so many to thank for this opportunity-and I will-as time passes. I bring you with me.  It us stepping off this plane.

I mean that.

If it’s me…

I’ll screw it up. Seriously…

Taking it each second with Psalm 91 on my mind.

Your Dad is awesome-not only for bringing you into this world, but sending that to me this morning before getting on the plane…thank him...

Sitting in London thinking of you ....and  the "LA's"...singing There she goes....There she goes again....racing through my brain…

ilu

No comments:

Post a Comment